Header 9

Job Details

Company City of Paso Robles
Company Description

Located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, in San Luis Obispo County, the City of Paso Robles is surrounded by scenic rolling hills (earning Wine Enthusiast’s Wine Region of the Year rating) and is only 27 miles from beautiful central coast beaches. This thriving community of over 30,000 actively engaged citizens possesses the benefits of a suburban-rural community while retaining a small-town feel, and is one of California’s best-kept secrets. With over 200 wineries making up Paso Robles Wine Country and a bustling historic downtown and town square with a variety of excellent farm-to-table dining options and specialty retail, Paso Robles is fast becoming one of the most desirable and yet relatively affordable places to live, work, and play. Paso Robles has convenient highway and railway access, and is served by a thriving regional airport.
The economic outlook for Paso Robles continues to be strong. The housing market is robust and offers a wide array of housing choices including new neighborhoods, houses with acreage, infill, and charming Victorian homes, and a median home price of less than $500,000. Paso Robles also has excellent schools, both public and private. Paso Robles Joint Unified is a nationally recognized school district providing top- notch educational programs, state-of-the-art facilities, and distinguished faculty. Approximately half an hour away is the nationally-ranked Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo, and within the City of Paso Robles is accredited Cuesta College (North County Campus).
Tourism continues to be a major economic engine for the City. The world-renowned Paso Robles wine industry along with a bourgeoning micro-brewery community, boutique distilleries, expanding venues offering eclectic entertainment options, accessible outdoor recreation experiences and assorted arts & cultural amenities have all made Paso Robles an authentic and desirable visitor destination for domestic, and international visitors alike. Transient occupancy tax collections, viewed as an indicator of tourism success, have increased by more than 25% over the past two years.

URL www.prcity.com/Jobs
Email
Job Title Human Resources Manager
Job Responsibilities

 Cultivating a positive work environment by collaborating with staff, management, departments, and other important stakeholders who rely on quality human resource and risk management services;
 Directing and supervising recruitment, examination, selection, classification, and employee benefit activities to attract and retain a diverse and highly qualified workforce;
 Providing leadership and direction, evaluation, and modification of existing goals, policies, programs, and labor agreements;
 Oversight of the City’s employee benefit systems, including CalPERS retirement system, the new hire onboarding, annual open enrollment activities, and employee leaves and accommodations;
 Assisting the Director in development, preparation and administration of the division budget;
 Conducting complex research, preparing and presenting reports including recommendation and conclusions to the Director, management and City Council;
 Serving as a member of the City’s labor negotiations team and resolving sensitive and controversial issues in the course of managing the responsibility for all human resources services and activities;
 Administering and maintaining the City’s classification and compensation plan; conducting job analysis studies, salary, and benefit surveys; receiving appeals and complaints along with recommending appropriate solutions;
 Planning, organizing and reviewing work of Human Resources staff, providing training and policy guidance and interpretation to staff;
 Coordinating the City’s risk management activities.

Job Qualifications

Any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in human resources management, public administration or other related field, and a minimum of seven years increasingly responsible experience, three of which must be in a comparable and responsible managerial role. An advanced degree in a related field is highly desired.

Compensation $106,776- $135,684 Annually
Benefits

Vacation: Starting with 10 days per year, increasing with years of service.
Sick Leave: Accrual of 12 days per year.
Holidays: 12 days per year.
Health Insurance: Medical: City pays $653/month of employee premium, $1,257/month of premium for employee with one dependent, and $1,640/month of premium for employee with two or more dependents. Dental: City pays full premium for employee and partial premium for family. Vision: City pays full premium for employee & family.
CalPERS Retirement: "Classic" members of CalPERS participate in a formula of 2% at 60, with the employee paying a 7% member contribution, plus a 3% cost sharing contribution for a total of 10%. New members to CalPERS are subject to PEPRA, which includes a formula of 2% at 62, with the employee paying one-half of the normal cost (currently 6.25%) contribution, plus a 3% cost sharing contribution, for a total of 9.25%. An average of three highest years is used for final compensation calculation.
Social Security: The City participates in Social Security.
Life Insurance: $200,000 city paid.
Deferred Compensation: The City contributes $4,200 per year; no match required.
Admin Leave: Includes 56 hours of Administrative Leave per year.
Employee Assistance Program: The City pays 100% of the cost of this program for you and your family.
Bilingual Pay: Verbal: $100 per month; Written: $25 per month.

How to Apply

www.prcity.com/Jobs

Expiration Date 2018-03-31