Find a human resources position here locally. The HRCC provides job postings as a service to our members.
Please note: These are job listings posted by our members. We cannot be responsible for the accuracy or currency of the position listed. Please contact the names/numbers provided to verify the information.
If you would like to submit a human resources-related position for our employment opportunities list, please use our online form (HRCC membership required).
- Senior Manager, People & Culture
- Executive/HR Assistant
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Learning Solutions
- Product & Team Trainer
- Training Content Specialist
- Human Resource Manager
- Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President, People & Culture
- Contract Administrator
- Director, Human Resources
- Human Resources Assistant – Part Time
- Training Specialist
- Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Manager, Compensation
- Human Resources Manager
- Material Business Manager
- Payroll Technician
- ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
- HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
Full life cycle recruitment for both internal and external team members. Maintains applicant tracking system for recruiting statistical analysis. Engages with candidate as single point of contact and screens candidates for full understanding of availability, interest levels, salary range, relocation needs, visa status and basic qualifications. Evaluates employment factors such as job experience, education, skills, training, fit with organization, and future potential. Provides candidates with information regarding compensation, benefits, policies and procedures. Builds and maintains a strong recruiting funnel. Works to create proactive hiring plans. Builds strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure hiring requirements are understood and anticipated. Maintains knowledge of the changing environment of the workforce in the marketplace. Stays abreast of the latest trends in recruiting. Provides weekly reports on the status of positions and presents data and solutions, as needed. Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and trends in recruitment. Ensures compliance with established procedures and applicable laws. Assists Talent Acquisition Team with projects as needed.
- Consult with assigned business Executive and leadership team to understand business strategy and drivers and identify corresponding people capabilities required to achieve strategic and operational priorities. Manage team to outcomes.
- Use strong business and HR acumen to exchange conceptual ideas and information effectively with leaders to meet operational and strategic objectives
- Hire, train, and develop talent
- Lead Business Partner team to effectively provide support to business to meet people and strategic objectives. Delegate effectively; and leverage performance management practices where necessary.
- Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals
- Model thought leadership regarding MINDBODY organizational and people related strategy and execution;
- Lead team to address Organization Development, Design and Change Management initiatives. Can see alignment between decisions and impact to business and is able to communicate the connection to team members.
- Plan, execute, and track team initiatives and strategic projects ensuring consistency and alignment with company goals. Identify dependencies, risks; and present status updates to senior leadership
- Oversee or conduct internal investigations, as required, when allegations of legal or policy violations are made, with the objective of achieving resolution and mitigating company risk.
- Manage BP team such that they can resolve complex employee relations issues, partnering with legal where needed
- Provide expertise in the following areas: workforce strategies, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, people and team planning and employee relations
- Lead by example by cultivating partnerships with departments and specialists to develop people oriented solutions and programs
- Proactively partner with Learning & Development to identify and address business needs. Facilitate leadership trainings as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Assist Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of HR and Administration with requested tasks, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, coordinating calendar, making travel arrangements, conducting research, running errands, preparing expense reports, and correspondence • Recruiting. Post job openings on appropriate job boards. Sort resumes determining qualified candidates. Conduct initial phone screenings. Make recommendations to management • Assist Executive Director of HR and Administration with employee enrollment/changes to health, dental, vision, flex plans, and COBRA; maintenance of employee personnel files; tracking receipt of employee performance reviews; updating job descriptions; employee orientation schedules; and pre-hire screening for new employees • Professionally and politely answer multi-line phone system and expeditiously direct callers to appropriate staff or department • Perform general clerical work, including maintaining spreadsheets, letter preparation, copying, filing, faxing, mailing, and ordering office and other required supplies, as necessary • Other duties as assigned
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the development and maintenance of MINDBODY learning programs and courseware. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of online courseware, instructor led facilitator manuals, participant materials, presentation assets, job aides, and other learning interventions as required. Working with the Manager, Learning Solutions and line of business stakeholders, he/she identifies training requirements and will design, develop, construct and evaluate training courses following ISD methodologies to ensure structure, content, assessments, and metrics are aligned with business objectives and company core values. This position works in partnership with Learning & Development Team trainers under the direction of the Manager, Learning Solutions.
The Learning Solutions Manager is responsible for the leading design and development of MINDBODY learning programs through needs assessment, design, development, validation, and evaluation phases. They will conduct needs analysis to define and assess performance objectives, and ensure structure, content, assessments, and metrics are aligned with company objectives. The Learning Solutions Manager is responsible for defining program requirements and configuring the learning management system and associated courseware. This position leads a team of one or more instructional designers and content specialist, and works in partnership business managers and L&D team members under the direction of the Learning & Development Director.
The Product and Team Trainer will be a part of the Learning & Development team within MINDBODY's People & Culture department. This individual is primarily responsible for delivering training for team members in all offices using multiple methods such as instructor led training, virtual classroom training, and other performance support (user guides, job aids, etc.). This includes consulting with other departments to deliver effective content and presentations, as well as coaching and developing new team members. This position works in partnership with business stakeholders and other L&D team members under the direction of the Manager, Training Delivery.
The Training Content Specialist is responsible for the creation and maintenance of MINDBODY training materials. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of online courseware, instructor led facilitator manuals, participant materials, presentation assets, job aides, and other learning interventions as required. The Training Content Specialist will develop, construct and evaluate training courses following ISD methodologies to ensure structure, content, assessments, and metrics are aligned with defined learning outcomes and performance objectives. This position works in partnership with the Learning & Development Team under the direction of the Manager, Learning Solutions.
Trust Automation, a closely held private company who has been in business for 28 years in San Luis Obispo is looking to fill their Human Resource Manager position. The Human Resource Manager will originate and lead human resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: • Provide support to executive staff, managers and employees with general human resources, benefits, and employment questions. • Must respond to questions, needed information, etc. in as timely of a manner which is appropriate based on the urgency of the need. • Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable employment related federal and state requirements. • Manage employee relations resolving questions and concerns, conducting investigations, and making recommendations for effective resolution. • Manage performance and performance improvement processes. Assist with all disciplinary actions and terminations by advising management on effective coaching and counseling strategies, assist with conflict resolution, documentation and the preparation of corrective action documents. • Manage the recruiting process including posting ads, conducting initial interviews, coordinating interview schedules, following-up with candidates as well as retention programs, including career path development. • Maintain and update job descriptions for all positions. • Develop and manage formal compensation programs. • Conduct new employee -on boarding- including conducting new hire orientation, verifying and processing all new hire paperwork and coordinate benefit enrollment information. • Maintain personnel and compliance records ensuring that they meet all state and federal regulations. • Budget administration as it applies to employees and all employee-related expenses. • Manage leaves of absence including FMLA/CFRA, PFL, WC, etc., and ensure timely notification and compliance with policies and laws. • Manage workers’ compensation and unemployment claims. • Administer the Company’s 401(k) and insurance benefit programs. • Research, recommend and implement a human resource information system (HRIS) and applicant tracking system (ATS). • Coordinate and schedule ongoing management training for legal compliance and development.
- Manage an active calendar of appointments for the SVP, People & Culture, understand priority / urgency and reorganize appropriately.
- Arrange meetings with many people and sometimes numerous competing schedules. Help organize and communicate agendas.
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality with internal and external “clients” of MINDBODY.
- Communicating professionally in writing and verbally across all levels of the company.
- Utilize an intermediate knowledge of Excel and other reporting programs to access, process, and format data on standard and ad hoc reports.
- Compose, prepare, and proofread correspondence and presentations that are sometimes confidential.
- Prepare documents for daily meetings, format for review and signature.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Assist with the budgeting process and budget tracking, making sure to track deadlines, and provide coordination to ensure a successful process.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations regarding board and comp committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Work directly with external vendors, partners, and service providers.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare detailed itineraries, and provided the needed confirmations.
- Plan and execute special projects such as departmental or company events, offsite meetings, and team buildings.
- Prepare and track expense reports including the reconciliation all credit card receipts for the SVP, P&C.
- Track invoices, create Excel spreadsheets for same, establish POs, and coordinate with Finance department on these matters.
- Other essential duties and responsibilities as required.
Quaglino Properties LLC and Quaglino Roofing
Responsible for all aspects of customer service and maintaining a pleasant office atmosphere
Type commercial and residential roofing proposals/bids.
Prepare and process preliminary notices.
Process contract submittal packages.
Prepare Prevailing Wage Sheet for payroll
Submit asbestos job related notifications
Update contract and service information in Timberline and Access
Order building permits when required
Request permit inspections
Order certificates of insurance and bonds
File Joint Apprenticeship documents and request apprentices prior job start
Close jobs in Timberline and Access
Record, order, and send applicable warranties
Provides administrative support to all Quaglino lines of business
Download and process digital pictures for roofing and construction projects
Answer multiple phone line system and route calls accordingly
Document customer information for estimates and service cards
Track and record fuel usage on vehicle fleet
Provide minor computer hardware and software support to staff
Responsible for maintaining and updating Administrative Procedures
Responsible for disturbing weekly safety meeting topics and tracking signatures receipts and updating employee training log
Process incoming mail and deliveries and distribute appropriately
Process and cost invoices to job accordingly
Prepare bank deposits when needed
Update Weekly Job Schedule Daily
Distribute Jobs in Progress weekly
Track parking keys and parking Visa’s
Order office supplies
Order postage and ink for postage meter as needed
Accept credit card payments via Square
Run errands when requested
Other duties as assigned
Allan Hancock College
1. Administers the day-to-day operations of the district’s human resources department; implements the philosophy and policies of the college and ensures that the human resources department adheres to and advances the college’s mission, vision, and goals.
2. Supervises and evaluates assigned personnel and directs workflow.
3. Develops, regularly reviews, and recommends district human resources policies and procedures via the college’s participatory governance structure.
4. Identifies and recommends labor relations practices necessary to ensure timely resolution of issues, discrepancies, and grievances in order to establish and maintain a positive employer-employee relationship.
5. May serve as chief negotiator for the district in contract negotiations and develop contract language and negotiation strategies.
6. Protects the interests of employees and the district in accordance with district policy and procedure and governmental law and regulations.
7. Acts as primary contact with legal counsel and outside government agencies in complaint and labor relations matters.
8. Directs recruitment and placement practices and procedures and serves as Equal Employment Opportunity officer for the district, including responding to unlawful discrimination complaints, generating reports, applying methods for effective and diverse recruitment, and evaluating district’s EEO plan.
9. Advises supervisors on disciplinary decisions and ensures administration of employee discipline processes per collective bargaining agreements, Ed Code, and Board policies.
10. Evaluates job structure and design and makes recommendations.
11. Directs wage and benefit surveys and evaluates and/or monitors pay policies, performance appraisal programs, select employee benefit programs and services and assigned safety programs.
12. Coordinates with business service to facilitate accurate payroll processes.
13. Implements staff development program, particularly management training.
14. Meets time constraints in the rendering of advice and reports to the superintendent/president.
15. Understands and supports the role of faculty and staff in participatory government.
16. Participates on and chairs select college committees.
17. Performs other related functions as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities: •Recruit - Conduct recruitment effort for all job postings: writes job descriptions; places advertisements; perform initial applicant screening; organize interviews and verify past employment. Create job offers and send to candidates •Policy - Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all employees; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the employee handbook. •Onboarding - Lead new-employee onboarding. •File Management - Responsible for completion and accuracy of all employee files. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed. •Employee Appreciation - Develop and maintain employee appreciation, recognition programs and events. •Benefits - Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting and communicating benefits information to employees. •Directory - Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory. •Grow - Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed. •Compliance - Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment benefits, laws and regulations. •Meetings - Attend weekly meetings with HR Manager, staff meetings and required trainings. •Relations - Assist management with daily employee relations and performance management issues. •Goals - Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems. •Confidentiality - Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion. •And other duties as assigned.
SESLOC Federal Credit Union
The successful candidate will support the development and delivery of learning initiatives, while making the experience fun and interactive for participants. He/she will be responsible for assisting in planning, developing, implementing and tracking new employee onboarding and training activities throughout the Credit Union. Essential duties include but are not limited to: • Conduct soft skill or technical training for applicable Credit Union employees as needed. • Assist with the identification of additional training needs and design of various support materials. • Create and keep training materials and handouts updated as needed for class participants. • Conduct position-specific training for staff that aligns with various adult learning styles. • Administers and is proficient in learning management systems (LMS) to accurately record employee’s educational progress and to develop instructor led courses/exams, etc. • Perform administrative duties related to training function including but not limited to tracking new employee onboarding and training activities throughout the Credit Union.
Miner's Ace Hardware
Assist in all areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to the following: FMLA Insurance Work Comp Time and Attendance Training/Safety Administrative Assistance Employee Appreciation
- Develops, implements, communicates, and administers the organization’s compensation strategy as it relates to base pay and incentives, consistent with the company’s compensation philosophy
- Directs, guides and develops staff. Responsibilities include selecting and developing team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining team members; addressing concerns and resolving problems
- Manages the global sales compensation processes including the design, development, implementation, and ongoing administration of sales incentive compensation programs which drive desired behaviors that are aligned with MINDBODY’s corporate objectives. Oversees the enhancement and maintenance of commissions tools, reporting, and predictive analytics.
- Guides the promotion and compensation change process related to performance appraisal, merit, and position changes
- Ensures through audits, analysis and reports that all compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits
- All other duties as assigned
Coastal Pediatric Dentistry
This position plays a critical role in overseeing the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff, training and career development programs, compensation and benefits, employee and industrial relations, compliance with employment law and other employment related issues. The Human Resources Manager manages, creates, implements and supervises policies/regulations, and ensures that every employee has a working knowledge of policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for the processing of payroll and related payroll taxes and reports, managing the employee benefits program, and worker’s compensation. Creativity is a must for the successful candidate, and will be utilized in developing and administering personnel policies and developing employee benefits to ensure we provide one of the best work environments on the Central Coast!
Papich Construction Co. Inc.
MATERIAL BUSINESS MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION* Ensure continuous awareness of safety for employees, customers coming into the facility, and traveling public which may be affected by these operations. Ensure compliance with laws, permits, and environmental requirements, create systems (matrix-calendar reminders) to remind everyone of such reporting deadlines, perform regular reviews of the requirements with workers. SWPPP compliance and reports. Environmental health reporting. Manage sales department including oversight of- identifying opportunities, understand costs to produce, ensure timely quote delivery, manage sales reports in JWS, update WON-LOST, track statistic. Manage orders and backlog including oversight of- Customer account open, signed quote with project prelim, backlog reports updated to reflect remaining quantities. Work with site managers to understand backlog demands which must be met, adjust staff-shifts to ensure most efficient costs to produce. Ensure timely and accurate billing; understand each project terms for billing escalations, oil index. Work with AR department and legal on collection efforts. Track inventory for monthly submission. Review financials on a monthly basis at closing intervals. Perform regular buy out of interplant hauls, oil, propane, blasting, and consumables. Ensure inventory was received, control inventory loss. Ensure regular maintenance of equipment, help schedule maintenance shutdowns. Buy-lease/Sell mining fleet. Maintain ongoing forecast of equipment needs. Oversight of QC department. Ensure material quality in spec. Monitor energy costs, identify alternative energy options.Establish trucking partners or internal resources for transportation. Perform employee appraisals to ensure clear communication of performance expectations. Customer relations, attend industry events to represent our business unit. AGC, Builders exchange, chamber of commerce, wine industry. Business development. Other duties as assigned. Job Type: Full-time
Papich Construction Co Inc.
Payroll Technician The Payroll Technician is responsible for performing payroll activities related to payroll, including time card data entry and regulation compliance. This position is non-exempt and may incur overtime as approved by management. The Payroll Technician reports to the Payroll Supervisor. Primary duties and responsibilities include all aspects of payroll including: • Compiling and entering payroll data such as hours worked, job classification, equipment used and pay rate on a weekly basis from time cards and electronic time sheets. • Computing wages, garnishments and deductions. • Assist with posting payroll records and creating weekly payroll checks. • Ensure compliance with union labor agreements and federal, state and local regulations. • Maintaining, organizing, and filing payroll records in compliance with retention policies. • Entering and maintaining employee data in payroll system, new hires, terminations, etc. • Proofreading documents and reports for accuracy, completeness and compliance. • Other duties as assigned.
• Daily communication with sales team and project managers assisting with quotes, billing and scheduling. • Review daily sales reports for accuracy and billing • Issue preliminary notifications on new projects • Process customer credit applications including new customer setup in accounting system • Weekly and monthly reporting and reconciliations. • System updates and maintenance including tax updates, price changes, customer holds, etc. • Assist with collections efforts on delinquent accounts • Review and approve trucking invoices • Enter accounts payable invoice transactions in accounting software • Proof accounts payable batches before posting • Reconcile vendor accounts and statements • Assist Accounting Department with monthly closing procedures • Other duties as assigned
PAPICH CONSTRUCTION CO
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for all areas of Human Resources including but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, compliance, benefits administration and loss control. Primary duties and responsibilities include all aspects of Human Resources including: Develop job descriptions and job advertisements and recruit as needed Act as liaison with the union regarding any labor agreement negotiations, labor disputes, etc. Dispatch union employees as needed Ensure new hire paperwork is complete including data entry of employee information in HR software Maintain accurate and organized HR records, both electronic and hard copy, while managing compliance with all legislation and regulations New hire coordination and orientation and drug testing when needed Maintain EEO compliance through thorough documentation of the recruiting process Continually monitor federal and state regulations and ensure compliance by revising policies and procedures Provide guidance and support to managers and employees to resolve performance and morale issues Analyze benefits packages and compensation packages to maintain competitiveness with the external market and internal equity Proactively manage new hire benefit enrollments and coordinate open enrollment periods Manage corporate vacation calendar Partner with management in tracking, managing and monitoring performance reviews Actively manage workers comp claims to minimize losses and assist with general loss control Coordinate events to boost morale and teamwork such as birthdays, team building, awards, etc. Implement and maintain any software modules related to HR Consistent communication with payroll to relay any HR related changes Develop and coordinate Company newsletter Other duties as assigned